Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hottest Hero...the Play-at-Home Edition! (Round 2)



First, I again want to say thank you so so so so (you get the idea...I'd give you all inappropriately long hugs) much for voting for Craig in the Hottest Hero Contest. He's a beta at heart and really doesn't go for the spotlight anyway.

But since he prepped all kinds of goodies for the ARe contest I thought you'd like to see how he responded to the call for the prompts.

So in Round 2 we get to read about our hero's first kiss with his heroine (or hero).

Craig and Mary had a very non-traditional first kiss. Let's call it a first lick.

Love's a Witch Excerpt

Thoughts of sharing a room with Mary started to trickle into my brain, and in the next instant there she was standing in front of me. Blue diamond eyes looked up into mine. It was like I’d called her.

“Are you coming?” She had no idea how the buzz she had going made her words sound. The question should have been innocent enough. It was her breathlessness at hurrying into the room, and the way her pupils dilated that had very un-innocent thoughts banging around in my brain.

I couldn’t help the growl. “Not yet.”

She stepped back, shook herself off a bit, and then started backing into the doorway. “Oh…well…um…don’t blame me if Amber eats your food. She’s been eating a lot. Even for her. And…well…your choice. Ow!”

She tripped and fell on her butt, a ripple bouncing through her frame. How was a guy not supposed to think of her breasts bouncing for other, much more fun, reasons? I grabbed her hand to help her up. 

Lacking some of my famous self-control, I pulled a little hard. A squeak from her and she crashed into me. Her soft curves felt amazing pressed against my body. A deep breath and I knew I wasn’t the only one affected. She was getting wet just being close to me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a bad looking guy. I was used to having women respond to me, but this was different. Hers was a scent I couldn’t ignore, and it caused my wolf to fight harder.

“Save me a plate, Mary. I’ll be in there in a minute.”

“Uh huh.” Making women breathless was fun. Making Mary breathless was dangerous.

This was something more than playful. Before my brain could process anything else, something on her neck really caught my attention. Right where her collarbone met the veins tracing delicately along the column of her throat I could see her pulse. I tilted my head to get a better look. She squirmed against me. She was getting wetter being held. So little Mary had some submissive tendencies. Interesting.

I couldn’t stop staring at that spot. What was that? I hated mysteries. Investigation was necessary. My wolf suddenly grabbed the reigns and he pushed my tongue from my mouth. I started laving Mary’s neck. She stiffened, but immediately softened with a moan. Her scent surrounded me and gave my wolf even more hold. I was drunk on her, and let my wolf hold my body up.

Then my teeth lengthened. A bone jarring feeling that hit me when I scraped them against her supple skin. It was the only thing that made me take the control back. Cold washed over me as my wolf’s intentions became all too obvious to my human brain.

He wanted more than sex from this woman. My wolf wanted Mary as his mate. She was mine. This was exactly what I had been trying to avoid. She couldn’t be mine. This wasn’t how it was supposed to happen.


Mary was still in my arms. She arched her back. The softness of her belly pressed against an erection that had a mind of its own. My wolf grabbed hold of my lust and pushed through. She smelled so good. I needed just one more taste. Just a little one.


Currently available at : ALL ROMANCE
                                      AMAZON
                                      BARNES & NOBLE
                                      KOBO
                                      SAMHAIN PUBLISHING STORE
                   




So there you have the first time Craig's tongue met Mary's neck. It's one of my favorite scenes in the book. 

I still remember the first kiss with my hubby, and I try to remember that feeling of a big ball of destiny knocking the breath from my body whenever I write one of these scenes. While everyone comes together in different ways, there is always that moment, and I felt like this was the moment for Craig. 

Don't forget to get your votes in over at ARe!  I'm making sure to support the wonderful authors who keep me in great stories. And thank you all again for the nomination, and the votes. It really was an honor to be up on the page with so many people I respect so highly.




~Roxy

2 comments:

  1. I loved this scene too, even though I wanted to smack Craig up the side of his head.. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was running scared, wasn't he? LOL. He had to struggle, but in the end, I think he got everything he wanted. Well...everything except a sane Alpha female. ;p

      Delete