Friday, August 10, 2012

Panera's Mystical Powers

My local Panera Bread is magic.  I am not talking about their yummo smoothies either.  My local Panera is where my brain keeps my stories locked away.

I may be getting superstitious.  Every time I head out to the restaurant I find a certain parking spot open. I go in and grab my cup of coffee, hijack my favorite mini booth and the words just flow.  Even if I am only there an hour, I am guaranteed at least 1500 words by the time I leave.  Give me a couple hours and it really gets going.

When I am struggling with a plot point, something about a little nutmeg and cinnamon sprinkled in a fresh cup of coffee lets it all finally come together.  I have nearly spilled coffee on myself multiple times, bouncing up and down in the pleather chair yelling "oooh oooh!" and mentally high-fiving myself for the brilliance that comes with a side of bagel and cream cheese.

Am I the only one who works better outside of my house?  Or do I just need to clear the clutter out of my brain?

Who cares why it works?  I am in the mood for a cobblestone muffin and some killer word count.

No comments:

Post a Comment